*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
How to Prepare for Your CT Scan
- Avoid wearing clothing with metal objects on them
- Please be NPO (nothing to eat or drink) at least 4 hours prior to your examination
- All CT procedures need to arrive at least one hour before actual appointment time
- If your CT procedure requires you to drink liquid contrast material, you may come in the day before and pick it up. You will be given instructions on how to take it at that time. If you decide to wait until the day of your procedure, you may have to wait at least one hour after drinking your contrast media before your procedure can be done.
- If your CT examination was ordered by a referring physician, be sure to bring your written orders with you.
CT procedures that may require oral contrast:
CT procedures that may require IV:
- CT Head
- CT Chest
- CT Abdomen/Pelvis
- CT Neck
CT procedures that may require IV and oral contrast: